Saturday, November 19, 2011

Dark and Stormy cocktail















This cocktail seemed like the just the thing for the hurricane episode. We made it with Gosling's rum and Bundaberg ginger beer. I had some rum recently and wasn't into it but decided to give it a try anyway. Turns out I am still not a huge fan of rum so after the first one I switched to whisky and ginger beer instead (delicious!), but at least I gave it a shot, right? Mark liked them the regular way and happily took the rest of the Gosling's off my hands.

Make sure to get ginger beer instead of plain old ginger ale, I like ginger ale too but ginger beer definitely has a stronger, deeper flavor. Of the few that I've tried so far I like Bundaberg the best, it has a nice balance of spicy and sweet. Also Jenni, Kerri and I drank a lot of Bundaberg on our recent trip to Australia so it brings back memories. We even toured the Bundaberg distillery...both the tour and the rum left something to be desired, but the ginger beer was delicious!

Bundaberg distillery


Me and Kerrie after the tour. meh. Jenni's taking the picture.

I got this recipe from a blog about bartending
http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com/2008/dark-and-stormy/

He even has a post about how to make your own ginger beer.
Hardcore!
http://www.jeffreymorgenthaler.com/2008/how-to-make-your-own-ginger-beer/


Dark and Stormy

2 oz Gosling's Black Seal Rum
5 oz ginger beer
lime wedge

Pour in a glass over ice, garnish with lime (apparently a Collin's glass is the proper one but Mark and me just used regular).






No comments:

Post a Comment