Sunday, April 15, 2012

Tuscan Roast Chicken

This is from Episode 15 of Beverly Hills 90210.  It is a recipe of Ellie Krieger's and the original called for tomatoes.  I forgot tomatoes and added carrots, but I think it would have been better with the tomatoes!

Ingredients:
2 Bone-in skinless breasts (I just took skin off the breasts I had, unfortunately I think this meant more fat than if I had bought it that way)
Zucchini
carrots (again, should be tomatoes)
Olive oil
garlic
salt
lemon juice
rosemary (dried and fresh)
chopped fennel (it's important to chop it small, or it won't cook enough and will be tough)

Set oven to 375
Line the bottom of a roasting pan with the chopped vegetables and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper.  In a small bowl, mix 1 tablespoon olive oil, chopped garlic, salt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice and a teaspoon of lemon zest.  Rub this mixture into the breasts and then place them on top of the vegetables.  Add pepper and roast 30 minutes, then stir vegetables and add rosemary.  Roast for about another half hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment