Sunday, April 8, 2012

Gorgonzola Bruschetta

This is from Barefoot Contessa, it's her gorgonzola bruschetta.  This was my first time making it and I made a few mistakes which I will note.  I had to change the proportions since it was only Laurel and I eating it.

Ingredients:
Baguette
Yellow Pepper
Red Pepper
Capers
Creamy Gorgonzola
Basil
Salt
Pepper
Sugar
Extra Virgin Olive Oil

Cut the baguette on a diagonal into thin slices.  Lay a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and put the slice on top.  Brush each slice with the olive oil.  Put in 375 degree oven until toasted.

Meanwhile, chop the peppers thinly (mine were not thin enough and this will be important)/  Saute in olive oil for about 15-20 min.  Add a teaspoon or so of sugar and give it a few more minutes, then add capers (a tablespoon), salt and pepper, and julienned basil.  Take this mixture and top it on each toasted baguette slice.  Then dab a bit of gorgonzola on top of each (this was where I messed up...gorgonzola's a bit messy and I added too much, it's really just a dab for flavor that's needed). Put back in the oven until the cheese melts and then serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment