Saturday, February 11, 2012

The First Time

Mark here... On to Episode 4! In this episode we open on Brenda and Brandon chatting in their shared bathroom. Shirtless Brandon clearly working the teen idol thing. Brandon's old girlfriend from Minnesota will be visiting and staying in Brenda's room (uh huh). So the girl shows up and pops Brandon's cherry, much to the chagrin of his parents. Clearly she ends up another damaged beauty who takes an interest in Dylan and LA culture in general...cue the song "I Wanna Be Rich" by Calloway (thank you Google) during the tour of LA...Dylan proves to be a pretty cool dude by taking a punch from Brandon over the girl, even though he and Brandon just met two weeks ago. I'm way more aware of the gay subtext between the two in watching this again, let's leave it at that.

Laurel here...I'm sort of surprised that Brandon's Minnesota girlfriend was so obsessed with LA culture and movie stars and stuff. I guess that was why it was so easy for Dylan to unintentionally win her heart. I just also wanted to add to mark's note about dylan taking a punch...these two act they like they've been friends forever and ever, having each others back even when they are upset with each other. I'm not sure if it's irresponsible writing or if they are just destined to be bff's, but either way I'm fine with it, I love a good bromance.

Winner of this episodes style award...it's a tie! Dylan brings it again with some baggy plaid muscle pants, while Brenda is a contender this episode with a crazy color block aerobics outfit that she's just wearing casually at home while reading a book. I honestly never thought dylan would win any style awards because I always remeber him just wearing jeans and a black jacket but he has really showed up in some crazy getups these first few episodes. Way to go dylan!




Cocktail Moments:
Well Brandon losing it of course!

Brandon punching Dylan as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment