Monday, March 26, 2012

Roasted Duck Leg with Potatoes and Kale Caesar Salad

This one I got from watching Nigella.  I mixed it up by using a mixed batch of potatoes from Trader Joe's...gold, purple and red...

Ingredients:
Duck Legs (I used 2)
Potatoes
Salt
Pepper
Thyme (I used dried, the original calls for fresh)

First sear the duck legs on each side in the roasting pan, but on the stove top, just to brown and exude some fat.  Then chop the potatoes and add, tossing with the fat. thyme. salt and pepper every 1/2 hour or so.  Cook 2 hours at 400 degrees...the potaotes will be crisp and duck fatty, and the duck will be tender with crisp skin...delicious!

As for the kale caesar salad, the recipe is the same as the previous caesar salad, except with kale.  One point I would make though is to make the dressing separately so you can determine how much you will need.  I think the previous recipe made double what we needed for 2 people and considering this is already a rich meal, it makes a difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment