Friday, December 9, 2011

Double Date!

So I guess, according to Wikipedia, we watched this episode out of order, but it was the next on the DVD.  It makes sense though because it seems like it came first, because Dawson starts out complaining about Jen not seeing him and Dawson's parents are back to worrying about their relationship.
In any case this episode involves Jen and Cliff going on a date and Dawson deciding to make it a double date with a random girl who looks like she was plucked from the cast of Law & Order. Seriously, her wardrobe is sensible pantsuit...totally appropriate for high school.  I was expecting her to have a gun under her blazer. Dawson behaves like a little bitch, and I think he is the Brenda Walsh of the series..and I am generally a fan of Brenda, Dawson, not so much.
By far the more interesting plot line of the episode is Joey being stuck working on a science project with Pacey. Clearly there is much more chemistry between these two. Pacey manages to make Joey much more likeable.  Her bitchiness comes across as more fun.  It doesn't pan out at the end, but I think there's a future there...

Laurel here...this episode was pretty watchable, mainly because of the Joey/Pacey chemistry developing.  I hope they get together!  I personally don't get it why these gals are hemming and hawing over Dawson, Pacey is way better.  Also I could not believe what a jerk Dawson was to his poor SVU lady cop date in this episode.  He asks her out, but then takes her on a double date with his ex girlfriend that just broke up with him 2 weeks ago without giving her a heads up?  BOO!

Mark here... I would also like to note one more thing...we've seen "poor" Joey's house several times, and see it again this episode.  As far as I can tell, Joey's house is a huge property burdened with mismatched flower pots and patchwork sofas on the porch, as opposed to Dawson's perfect wicker deck furniture!

No comments:

Post a Comment